Tuesday 15 March 2011

Oh how I hate blogging!!!

Right! So getting down to the final push and I am FORCING myself to blog! I have kept a journal throughout this project but I can't seem to bring myself to want to post blogs about how I feel my project is going. I think I am feeling this way because blogs are not a personal thing, anyone can pop on the internet and read it. Whereas my journal is more a personal thing that only I can read and be happy about writing in! Its weird because in keeping this journal I am ok with someone going through and reading it whereas whit my blog it is pretty much the same thing! I don't really get myself in that thinking!

But moving on to what I have done this last week and this week! So last week was the start of the developing stage of our F.M.P. I got bailing twine and wax and because I am looking at the shapes and lines the dives create I molded the twine into the shape and used the wax to hold the twine in place. This at first did not work because the wax wasn't cooling fast enough to hold the twist and tuns in place so I then though of using fishing line to help hold the shapes, then dip them into the wax and let them dry that way. This way worked and I have now made many more samples in the same manor!

This week I have moved on form the bailing twine and am using wire. Doing the same idea with bending the wire to match the shape of the dive. I have found that the wire is holding much easier than the twine! But I have enjoyed I think more working with the twine!

For my final piece I will be making a scale model sculpture of something that can be erected in any Olympic Aquatic cite for diving. I am thinking about using heavier wire for the scale model and will be heading down to the metal work shop this next week. But as for this week I am going to continue to experiment with different materials and see which one would be the second choice I would use to construct my final idea with.

No comments:

Post a Comment